Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Joe!

Joe right before he tasted his pie! (Notice he still has a smile on his face!)

The pie before it was cut (please notice this is a store bought crust! I'm not that good!)

Yesterday was Joe's birthday. (He's 34 if you're counting!) As a special surprise I attempted to make him his favorite dessert, key lime pie. I have never tried to make a pie before so it was definitely an experience to be had! For those of you that know me well, cooking/baking doesn't come very natural to me. Once the cake was finished and had chilled, and he had opened up all of his presents, I served it and sang Happy Birthday to Joe. I believe after he tasted it his direct quote was "it's not that bad." He's so sweet, he's eaten nearly half of it, and I know it doesn't taste that great. I even told him he could throw it away! Oh well, I guess my pie making can only go up from here! Happy Birthday Joe, I'm glad we wished for the same thing for our birthdays this year, maybe they will come true! (We lit the candles twice, once for him and again for me since we won't be together for my birthday on the 24th. I got to make my wish a few weeks early!)

2 comments:

Alana said...

Yummy! I've never 'baked' a key lime pie, but your post makes me want to try! Seems like a fresh/fruity summer dessert! Hope both of your wishes come true, and hope you have a happy birthday too!

The Mendes Family said...

Thanks Alana, you're so sweet!