Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tag! I've been hit!

My best friend Dominique sent this to me! She is the first person I knew that had a blog (about three years ago!). We met in the seventh grade and became instant friends. In the eighth grade we had several classes together and have been best friends ever since! This is for you Swiss!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here's my random facts:
1. One very obvious one is that I have two colored hair. It's literally split right down the middle. I can part my hair exactly down the middle and you will see red on one side, brown on the other. But the two colors don't stop there...my eyebrows and eyelashes are different as well! On the red side they are white blond, and on the brown side they are brown. I even have more freckles on the red side too! I'm a freak of nature!
2. I hate ketchup. I love tomato products but I hate ketchup! No matter what I am eating be it hot dog, hamburger, french fries or corn dog I will not be eating it with ketchup. I have even been known to send a burger back because it has ketchup on it. (After ordering it sans ketchup of course!)
3. I hate cake. I do not have a sweet tooth! I can pass up cakes, pastries, cookies, donuts, etc. without a second glance. However, if there is a bag of potato chips around, rest assured I will probably eat the whole bag myself! Especially if there is ranch dip around!
4. I was born pre-mature. I was two and a half months early, topping the scales at 3lbs 5.5 ozs. I spent the first month of my life in an incubator. The doctors told my mom that I would die and she should prepare herself. But here I am blogging today!
5. I've had lots of surgeries in my lifetime. I've had tubes in my ears 4 times, my adenoids taken out, I've had a tympanoplasty (repair of the eardrum) twice. Once on my left ear when I was in the second grade and again when I was a senior in high school on my right ear. I've also torn my ACL in my left knee and had to have it fixed when I was a sophomore in high school.
6. I've secretly always wanted to learn how to sew. As a child my mom would make outfits for me as well as making all of our Halloween costumes. They always came out way cuter than the ones you could buy. The closest thing I've ever come to "sewing" was to embroider Christmas stockings for Joe and me. Someday I hope to learn how to really sew, but first I'll need to get a sewing machine!
7. I'm a sucker for the show "The Bachelor". I haven't missed a season yet including "The Bachelorette" ones! For whatever reason, I love it, as silly as it is!
OK, now it's your turn: Alana, Rochelle, Reese, Kelly, Jill, and Dawn!

3 comments:

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Believe it or not, I don't think I knew about the ketchup!!! And I can never believe you don't have a sweet tooth, we are so alike it just blows my mind that this is the one area we VASTLY differ in, oh well, sweet and salty are always a classic match!

The Mendes Family said...

Bookends forever!

Alana said...

It was fun to read your 7 facts! I knew about your two-tone hair color, but I was shocked that you hate ketchup and cake. Those are 2 of my favorites! You can't have chips and dip on your birthday, so do you get an icecream cake?
I put up this post on my Blog too! It was kind of hard to think of 7 things that were unique about me, but I think I came up with a few good ones.