Sunday, February 14, 2010

Maui Grace and Abby

They're almost too big to be in here together, but they don't want to be apart!

Maui Grace and Abby
Loving sisters, always cuddling!
My mom's friend Carole discovered a kitty had given birth underneath her back deck. My mom loved kitties and she would go over to Carole's house to visit the kitties any chance she got (whenever she was feeling up to it) . My sister decided that she would adopt the little grey one as soon as she was ready to leave her mother. Carole found homes for all of the little kitties except for a cute black and white one. (My mom is IN LOVE with black cats!) Jon, my mom's husband, decided it was time to get another little kitty, so they adopted the black one.
My sister recently bought a new house and while they were waiting to move in, my mom and Jon had both of the kitties at their house. It brought such great joy to my mom to have both of the little kitties at her house. I truly believe that they helped my mom feel better when she was not feeling very well. Now that my mom is gone, Abby has become Jon's little baby and they have each other!

2 comments:

Alana said...

What beautiful kitties (and I love their names!) That's so cute how they squeeze together and snuggle in the small cat bed. My cats & pup can 'sense' when we're not feeling well. I think their extra affection is their way of saying "get well soon"! That's nice that your Mom had this loving, furry cat by her side when she wasn't feeling well... and now Jon has this loving cat by his side.

Dominique Bjorlin said...

I can't believe how big the kitties are! I have often thought of Jon and Abby, and glad they have each other now!