Corey with the bucket of crab!I can't remember the last time I was able to ring in the New Year with my mom and sister. Since Joe and I didn't fly out until New Year's Day, we were able to spend it with my family. It was very fun to ring in the new year with a nice dinner and a movie, although most of us were falling asleep as the ball was dropping!
Since I've been living on the East Coast for the past 5 years, one thing I really miss is the fresh dungeness crab from the Pacific Ocean. My family loves to eat seafood, so to ring in 2009 we decided to have fresh cracked crab for dinner. Yum! Although I've had to miss eating the fresh crab, I've definitely had my share of fresh lobster in the East. They are both delicious, although Joe says that he prefers lobster because it's less work to eat than crab! My sister's fiance Tommy was a trooper despite his dislike of seafood. My sister thinks the more she has him eat it, the more he will like it. (He did like and eat the clam linguine we had for our Christmas dinner, but that was mixed with lots of other things too!) He took a few bites and gave it a good hard try, but in the end, he ended up eating leftover fish stew from the day before. Don't worry, his crab didn't go to waste, we passed it around the table so everyone could have some!
Stacey and Joe before crab...
Stacey and Joe during the crab feast!
Jon and my mom before digging in.
Joe and Jon hard at work cracking crab!
Corey and Tommy before crab...
Corey and Tommy during crab...Tommy is trying his hardest to like the crab!
1 comment:
Wow! That looks like a fun (and filling) New Years! All that seafood looks delicious! We watch the tv show Deadliest Catch, and I just had my 1st taste of crab legs this year, it was yummy! Now after seeing your pics I'm drooling at my desk!
Post a Comment