Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Me with our pumpkins. (I forgot to post this in my last update!)

I can hardly believe it is November 1st already! Time is really flying by this year. Last night Joe and I passed out the candy to the trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. Some were so cute...but I have to add...some of them were adults! Now I understand holding the trick or treat bag for a small child, but come on! There were at least 3 adults and only one of them bothered to dress up. The others just walked up with their kids, no costume, carrying a pillowcase. Now I'm all about Halloween, but I draw the line at adult trick-or-treaters! Leave the candy for the kids!
The cutest costumes I saw yesterday were my first graders. They were so cute and had so much fun at our Halloween party. We started the day out with a costume parade around the school. They sang our Haunted House song in every room and showed off their costumes! After Spanish and Music we had our Halloween party. We had stations that the students could rotate through including: pumpkin decorating, making a spider cookie out of an oreo, mixing up their own "witches brew", making a veggie monster out of a tortilla, ranch dressing and sliced veggies and last but not least, a fun game of Halloween Bingo. They each earned a spider ring for playing. What's better than that?! A fun time was had by all!

4 comments:

Alana said...

That's a great picture of you with your pumpkins! I decorated our front steps with whiskey barrels filled with mums and completely forgot to buy pumpkins. The Halloween festivities in your classroom sound so neat! Your kiddos are lucky to have such a fun & creative teacher! And... what's up with the adult trick or treaters? We didn't get any of those, lol!

The Mendes Family said...

I guess we were just lucky! At least one of them was in costume. She was dressed up as a man looking for his wife. On her back she had a sign that said, "Where's my bride?" At least she was creative if she was going to go trick-or-treating!

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Okay, I stayed up until 1 am just for you catching up a little on my blog. I have more to do, but now it is time for bed!!!

Jill said...

Hey Stacey!
I am happy to see some classes are allowed to have Halloween parties! Our school does not allow the celebration of any holidays. Its a bummer, especially for the kids!