Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to School!


It's hard to believe that in a couple of weeks school will start up again! I will be teaching first grade again this year. I LOVE teaching first grade and I am very lucky to be able to stay in the same classroom that I had last year. My class size is going up this year from 19 students last year to 22 this year. It doesn't sound like a huge difference but anyone who has ever taught at the lower elementary level knows that 3 kids is a huge increase! I am thankful that I have 22 though because at the end of the school year last year there were 24 students on my list!

Starting a new year is always so exciting for me. I love how every class is so different and unique and each day brings new experiences and challenges for me to tackle. When I'm stressed because of conferences or report cards or the many other stresses that come up, I will try to remember my excitement that I have now and hopefully that will get me through! Ready or not, school is coming soon!


2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Sure wish you were out here to be Carson's first grade teacher! I am sure you are great. The start of a new year is so refreshing!!

Dominique Bjorlin said...

How about some pics of your classroom? Hope it is all going well!