Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fireplace Remodel

When we moved into our house in 2003, The fireplace had a plain white mantle and a fireplace underneath. The hearth was some old ceramic tiles that didn't match our decor at all. We took out the tile right away and put in some black marble tiles instead and we also added a piece of mahogany to the mantle and as a trim to the hearth.

Recently we've built around the fireplace so the mantle is no longer "floating" but we ran into some bumps because Home Depot discontinued the tile that matched the tile we put for the hearth. We could have special ordered the tiles but there was a minimum order, and we didn't want 30 tiles, we only needed 4! So after much searching from Joe, he was able to find some cute little tiles that matched perfectly! I don't have any before pictures :( but I will post the during and after. It was a long project but I love the outcome, Joe does such a great job with all of the projects around the house!
Joe putting up the material to attach the tile to.

building the sides around the fireplace


Putting in the tiles

The finished product! I love it!

2 comments:

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Wow...It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

haha hi joe mendes!!!