Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Joe!

Today we celebrated Joe's birthday. If you're counting, (he's 33!)! In true Joe fashion, he said he didn't want anything for his birthday, he didn't want to go anywhere for dinner, and he didn't want anything special. Because he always manages to make my birthday a special day for me, I wanted to show him how special he is to me, and how glad I am that he was born today! Unfortunately, he had to work today. I was hoping he would get to come home a little early, and he did!

To celebrate I made one of the dinners that he really likes: Salad and tortelloni with homemade creamy mushroom sauce. I also decided to be "Betty Crocker" this afternoon and make some "homemade" Brownies, Joe's favorite desert that I can actually make. (Key lime pie was out of the question, since most of you know I am not an expert in the kitchen!)



My "homemade" brownie endeavor!


After dinner, Joe opened his gifts and he blew out the candles on his "cake". I got him Season 3 of his favorite TV show, Battlestar Galactica. I knew that he wanted it, and I also knew that if he had it on DVD then he would delete all the episodes that are clogging up the DVR, leaving more room for new recordings while I'm on the West coast!




I hope that Joe felt special for his special day, because he is truly special to me. He seemed to be happy that I thought of him and I could tell he was happy that even though he wanted "nothing" for his birthday, I still did something! Happy Birthday Joe!

1 comment:

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Happy Birthday Joe!!!!

Yes, our men need our love and attention even though they act like they don't!