Thursday, March 13, 2008

Refreshing Refinancing


In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, we seem to take the little things for granted. The small kisses goodbye, the quick "love yous" at the end of conversations on the phone etc.

Last week Joe and I were sitting signing the millions of papers for our house re-financing. The lawyer kept on saying "if one of you were to pass away..." and I got to thinking...what if Joe really did pass away suddenly? Did I tell him everyday what he meant to me? Did I make sure to show him everyday how much I love him and how much he makes my life complete? When he asks to cuddle and I'm too tired at the end of the day, will I have another day to sit on the couch and cuddle? You never know. So I am going to try to embrace all of the little things that make our relationship special. Really listen when he kisses me goodbye in the morning before work, really enjoy the times when he grabs my hand in the grocery store isle, and be in the moment when he kisses me on my forehead and tells me he loves me. You never know what tomorrow will bring, so do everything today to let your loved ones know how much they really mean to you and how enriched they make your life. You never know what may happen tomorrow!

No comments: